Love Yourself First
Violetta Sekler is a Personal and Relationship Coach driven to help people succeed in life and love.
It’s a full-time job believing in yourself — it really is! So too is the practice of self-love and self-care. And now more than ever we need to be making time to love ourselves first.
As mothers, fathers, wives, husbands, partners and friends we can be forgiven for often thinking of ourselves last as we have so many people drawing on our attention and energy in our personal lives, not to mention our work lives. To be able to give ourselves fully and positively to all those elements of our lives, we need to be continually filling our own cups up.
Stop waiting for some day to take care of yourself — start today. You won’t regret it, I promise you!
Here are some helpful tips on how you can get started in the daily practice of self love and self care:
• Practise gratitude. Write down five things each morning before you start your day of what you are grateful for.
• Start your day with something pleasant – it might be enjoying a nice cup of tea or coffee in the peace and quiet of your garden before everyone else gets up in the household. Or listening to a guided meditation, or reading another chapter of that book you’ve been wanting to finish. Whatever it is for you, do it.
• Exercise – attend a yoga class, go for a ride on your bike, meditate or go for a walk. Exercising your mind is just as important as exercising your body. Movement in all its forms is incredibly soothing for the central nervous system. And it allows you the opportunity to clear your head.
• Get that massage or facial or go buy yourself those F*#!king flowers – don’t wait for someone else to do it. Just buy them and shower yourself with some feel good vibes.
• Buy that new outfit you’ve had your heart set on. A little retail therapy never harmed anybody. And when you put on new threads it makes you feel better. You’ll show up differently in life when you love what you’re wearing — trust me!
• Take five minutes to decompress every single day before coming home. Allow yourself to let go of the stresses of life/work before you enter your own sanctuary, your home.
• Get a good night’s sleep. Sleep is one of the best medicines in the world. Allowing your brain to defrag and your body to rejuvenate is essential.
No matter what, make sure you do at least one thing for YOU Every. Single. Day.