THE POWER OF PR™ with Danae Jones
Let’s Get Creative
While you and your team might be hanging on by a thread as you race to the finish line this festive season, don’t forget to thank the many people who have been part of your success throughout the year. Festive PR & Marketing doesn’t need to be a chore. Get creative and have some fun with it. Enjoying the gift of time with one another, savouring those special moments and giving and receiving thoughtful gifts to show our appreciation of one another is an important part of this time of year in business.
Corporate gift giving has come back in a big way post pandemic, which is great to see! And while some industries may be feeling the pinch with cost of living pressures impacting their sales, don’t let that stop you from giving thanks. Saying thank you, doesn’t need to cost the earth, it can be done in a variety of creative and fun ways. Involve your team and throw some ideas around on what is possible to suit your budget. Your team will enjoy being part of the planning.
In the meantime, here are a few ideas to get you started:
• Corporate Gift Hampers – they always look great and can be created to suit any budget (and they are easy to personalise and brand to suit specific tastes)
• We live in the tropics after all, so why not put a taste of tropical into your gifting. You could create a tropical fruit basket filled with all the luscious in season fruit we have on offer
• Send Christmas themed balloons
• Give your own corporate branded chocolates or wine with a humorous message
• Send personalised Christmas Cards/eCards (create a fun one – take a funny team photo, or make a funny festive video to delight your recipients)
• Host a Christmas Party (truth is, people just want to spend time with you and share a story and a laugh, so you don’t need to go over the top if budget is tight. But if you’re going to go to the trouble of hosting a party, don’t be stingy either – make sure there’s plenty of food and drink for everyone who attends. If you want to go all out, and budget is not a concern this festive season, why not surprise your customers with a secret location for your party and really WOW them with a memorable experience!)
Most of all have fun and get creative with the process! If you’ve had fun creating the festive magic for your people, no matter how much you spend, it will show – the more joy you put into the gifting and thanking process, the better it will be received.
While many businesses are planning to close their doors for their annual set shutdown period, many others remain open, as it’s their strongest trading period of the entire calendar year. If you’re in a business that is shutting its doors for the festive season and enjoying some much deserved time off – don’t forget to pre-schedule your social media, there’s no reason your platforms need to go quiet over the break. People will expect to hear from you on socials.
The Christmas and New Year period is actually a great time to secure positive, feel good publicity for your business too, as newsrooms don’t go to sleep over the festive season, they continue to deliver the news each and every day – and they are looking for feel good stories more so than any other time of year. This is a great opportunity to promote your Christmas charity work, something unique you might be treating your staff with as a Christmas gift, or even inviting media along to your end of year events to capture some social pics of your business.