With Chriso The Personal Chef thanks to Piccones IGA
Meatballs with hidden veggies are a great protein filled entrée or snack and they’re a great lunchbox filler for the kids.
1. Firstly you need equal parts beef mince, onion and grated vegetables combined in a bowl.
2. You can use any vegetables really, but popular choices are carrot, zucchini and mushrooms.
3. Crack an egg in the bowl and combine the ingredients.
4. Make a paste from 2 x beef stock cubes and tomato sauce to give them some extra flavour that the kids will love.
5. Fold all ingredients together with some dried breadcrumbs.
6. Roll the mixture into little balls and place them on a non-stick tray and season with salt and pepper and then bake in the oven for 12 – 15 minutes at 180 degrees.
7. You can freeze this dish, leave as a snack in the fridge throughout the week or pop them into the kids’ lunchboxes for school.
It’s a great way to get the kids to eat the vegetables they wouldn’t normally eat and they’re really tasty too!